Getting Rid of Mold Expediently
As a busy property manager, it is never good to find an outbreak of mold in one of your Wilmore, NC, buildings. You may be wondering how it got there, what you should do about it, and how long the mold removal will take. But what do you know about mold? Before you begin the removal process, here are a few things you should understand.
Mold Is All Around Us
Mold is everywhere. The goal of a remediation company is not to eliminate it but to bring its numbers down to healthy levels.
- Mold is found naturally in all environments.
- Mold is a type of fungus with thousands or more species.
- Not all mold is “black mold” or toxic mold.
- Areas of high humidity and dampness encourage mold growth.
Determine the Extent of the Problem
If you discover mold, you should determine how it got there. Here are some things to consider:
- Take note of where you find the mold.
- Look for roof leaks or other sources of water damage.
- Don’t attempt to clean it up yourself.
- Have it professionally tested.
- Contact a licensed mold removal company.
What a Professional Mold Remediation Specialist Can Do
Once you have called in a professional company, its technicians should examine the size and scope of the mold contamination. Then affected areas should be identified and treated using specialized products and equipment. The time it takes for mold remediation will depend on the amount that needs removal. In general, the remediation process will take three to seven days based on how much there is to eradicate. What you should get when you hire a company that specializes in mold removal in Wilmore, NC, are trained technicians who have the proper equipment for the job, who have extensive experience with the problem at hand, and who are up to date on the latest EPA guidelines.
If you have black mold or other fungi in your commercial building, call in the experts to remove it. Getting the job done in the most expedient manner should be the highest priority for both you and the professionals you hire.